Tired of being told...

Postby MissPriss » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:06 pm

...told ya so USA? Getting tired of hearing all about your right to bare arms and how it coincidently seems to lead to mass shooting across your country? I am trying really hard to understand your right to own a firearm, as most Americans put it "to defend ourselves". But for an individual to have access to 13 assorted firearms and weapons kinda steps all over that not so fine line of your rights vs legally arming murderers. How many more mass shootings do Americans need before you can see what so many other countries already have told you...your "rights" need to be reviewed and need a massive overhaul so that they are brought into the 21st century.
I've got the moves like Jagger.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Re: Tired of being told...

Postby DebtToAmerica » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:31 am

hmm, the same week the TPP gets signed, there's a school massacre and a spike in the number of gun-related deaths being talked about in the media.

politicians must be angry at the media, how dare they distract people by focusing on gun violence when they should be celebrating the crowning acheivement of US politicians, the signing of one of the biggest trade deals in history...
DebtToAmerica
PolitiSeedling

Postby tommygun » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:09 pm

MissPriss wrote:...told ya so USA? Getting tired of hearing all about your right to bare arms and how it coincidently seems to lead to mass shooting across your country? I am trying really hard to understand your right to own a firearm, as most Americans put it "to defend ourselves". But for an individual to have access to 13 assorted firearms and weapons kinda steps all over that not so fine line of your rights vs legally arming murderers. How many more mass shootings do Americans need before you can see what so many other countries already have told you...your "rights" need to be reviewed and need a massive overhaul so that they are brought into the 21st century.

Typical
tommygun
PolitiSeedling

Postby MissPriss » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:00 pm

tommygun wrote:
MissPriss wrote:...told ya so USA? Getting tired of hearing all about your right to bare arms and how it coincidently seems to lead to mass shooting across your country? I am trying really hard to understand your right to own a firearm, as most Americans put it "to defend ourselves". But for an individual to have access to 13 assorted firearms and weapons kinda steps all over that not so fine line of your rights vs legally arming murderers. How many more mass shootings do Americans need before you can see what so many other countries already have told you...your "rights" need to be reviewed and need a massive overhaul so that they are brought into the 21st century.

Typical

Typical? As in just another typical American day? Okay, yep...typical.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Postby tommygun » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:34 pm

MissPriss wrote:
tommygun wrote:

Typical

Typical? As in just another typical American day? Okay, yep...typical.

No, typical an outsider doesn't like our Constitution and is telling us what to do, particularly about the second one, which is for defense: defense of a tyrannical government gone awry. Our Constitution did pretty well until liberals decided to change the rules, now we have chaos. Chaos because liberals made suspects victims, wanting to pass out mind altering drugs for everything, and thinking disarming law abiding citizens will end the problem. Criminals don't care about laws or rules or signs saying "gun free zone", that's why they're called criminals. If they obeyed the law, they wouldn't be committing crimes such as mass murders, would they? But feel good liberals think capital punishment is inhumane, so what do criminals fear? Being in prison for life supported by tax payer dollars?
However, perhaps you haven't heard about Austria, who now wishes they had a second amendment.
tommygun
PolitiSeedling

Postby MissPriss » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Typical? As in just another typical American day? Okay, yep...typical.[/quote]
No, typical an outsider doesn't like our Constitution and is telling us what to do, particularly about the second one, which is for defense: defense of a tyrannical government gone awry. Our Constitution did pretty well until liberals decided to change the rules, now we have chaos. Chaos because liberals made suspects victims, wanting to pass out mind altering drugs for everything, and thinking disarming law abiding citizens will end the problem. Criminals don't care about laws or rules or signs saying "gun free zone", that's why they're called criminals. If they obeyed the law, they wouldn't be committing crimes such as mass murders, would they? But feel good liberals think capital punishment is inhumane, so what do criminals fear? Being in prison for life supported by tax payer dollars?
However, perhaps you haven't heard about Austria, who now wishes they had a second amendment.[/quote]

Mass shooting in California...BOOM told ya!...just saying.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Postby Curlyrocks » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:51 am

One thing you have to realize Priss is that just because it works in Canada doesn't mean it's going to work in other countries. Mexico has stricter gun control laws than Canada but still has more gun related violence than the US. The problem isn't guns, it's poverty, poverty leads to crime, which leads to violence which inevitably builds to gun violence. I'm afraid that strict gun control laws in the states would lead to the exact situation that Americans whine about where all law abiding citizens have their guns confiscated but all the illegal guns are still out there, threatening law abiding citizens, it sounds silly but it's EXACTLY what happened in Mexico and a number of 3rd world African and Latin American countries. There are bigger problems to fix in America than gun control and the only reason that the few mass murders make the news is that it's the only time gun violence affects the middle class. Most parents don't give a damn when some kid in the hood gets shot because as far as they are concerned there child will never go to the hood, never engage with a gang and never commit a crime so only a random act of madness could hurt them.

Once Americas poverty level is on par with Canada, then and only then can they start to disarm their population.

To prove my point I'll tell you that my whole family with the exception of my anti-gun parents own rifles. I've shot rifles many times, none of my family have ever been shot, shot anyone or used them in the committing of a crime. The only time I've ever used a HAND GUN, I was high on cocaine and goofing off with my dealer, so it looks like in Canada too, only the criminals have hand guns, but it's still not much of a problem since we don't have the poverty issue other countries do.
Curlyrocks
PolitiNoob

Postby MissPriss » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:54 am

tommygun wrote:Typical

Typical? As in just another typical American day? Okay, yep...typical.[/quote]
However, perhaps you haven't heard about Austria, who now wishes they had a second amendment.[/quote]

Same old story. Call me when the USA ACTUALLY tries an attempt at something/anything that might make a difference.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Postby MissPriss » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Curlyrocks wrote:One thing you have to realize Priss is that just because it works in Canada doesn't mean it's going to work in other countries. Mexico has stricter gun control laws than Canada but still has more gun related violence than the US. The problem isn't guns, it's poverty, poverty leads to crime, which leads to violence which inevitably builds to gun violence. I'm afraid that strict gun control laws in the states would lead to the exact situation that Americans whine about where all law abiding citizens have their guns confiscated but all the illegal guns are still out there, threatening law abiding citizens, it sounds silly but it's EXACTLY what happened in Mexico and a number of 3rd world African and Latin American countries. There are bigger problems to fix in America than gun control and the only reason that the few mass murders make the news is that it's the only time gun violence affects the middle class. Most parents don't give a damn when some kid in the hood gets shot because as far as they are concerned there child will never go to the hood, never engage with a gang and never commit a crime so only a random act of madness could hurt them.

Once Americas poverty level is on par with Canada, then and only then can they start to disarm their population.

To prove my point I'll tell you that my whole family with the exception of my anti-gun parents own rifles. I've shot rifles many times, none of my family have ever been shot, shot anyone or used them in the committing of a crime. The only time I've ever used a HAND GUN, I was high on cocaine and goofing off with my dealer, so it looks like in Canada too, only the criminals have hand guns, but it's still not much of a problem since we don't have the poverty issue other countries do.

I'm not saying that it will work in the States. But it's starting to look like a majority in the States that want more stringent guns laws and harsher penalties. The US needs to shyt and get off the pot and start trying something productive rather than playing the same old song and dance. For a country that is a force to be reckoned with across the globe, is still a functioning democracy and practices capital punishment (don't go there, I agree with it) it seems pretty far fetched that they can't come to some sort of method to lower gun violence.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Postby BlackLivesMatter » Wed May 04, 2016 4:59 pm

MissPriss wrote:The US needs to shyt and get off the pot and start trying something productive rather than playing the same old song and dance. For a country that is a force to be reckoned with across the globe, is still a functioning democracy and practices capital punishment (don't go there, I agree with it) it seems pretty far fetched that they can't come to some sort of method to lower gun violence.

/Now that they nominated Trump, maybe most of the gun nutters will shoot themselves now that they all but guaranteed Hillary is gonna be Pres. That'll lower the violence/
BlackLivesMatter
PolitiSeedling

Next
Forum Statistics