Re: Tired of being told...

Postby GaryO » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:58 am

Greeny wrote:
MissPriss wrote:Enough. Just f***ing enough already! blah blah blah....

Quit paying attention to the media and your life will be better

I enjoyed a part of my evening with a couple lads of which, in my opinion, are fire arms enthusiasts.
Taught me a thing or two.
Fell in love with the .17HMR round, btw.
Anyhow
I’ve fired a rifle when in the company of others on maybe two occasions in the last dozen years.
Found out I’ve become somewhat careless.
And after doing a little self inventory, became aware I’ve let this same carelessness invade other areas.
Such as serious thoughts.
Cured myself by lurking a bit on the Moti forum, of which juvenile, infantile banter is cherished, and held so dear.
Heh, I was banned from there months ago (THANK YOU!)

Anyway, going back to a personal study of the printed word.
Last night, that word was ‘Ballistics’;
Ballistics is the science of mechanics that deals with the launching, flight, behavior, and effects of projectiles, especially bullets, gravity bombs, rockets, or the like; the science or art of designing and accelerating projectiles so as to achieve a desired performance.

Apply this to today’s media
Replace ‘ballistics’ with ‘today's media’
Replace ‘projectiles’ with ‘words’;
Today’s media is the science of mechanics that deals with the launching, flight, behavior, and effects of words; the science or art of designing and accelerating words so as to achieve a desired performance.

Consider what you read, my friend
Consider the source
Consider the intent
Consider the effect of that intent

One more comment;
fauxnews, I doubt our trains of thought will ever travel the same direction or even on the same rail, but I do enjoy your slant on things.
You should post more
Here
In the forum
Very stimulating
GaryO
PolitiSeedling

Postby Oldsod » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:04 am

84 dead in Niice. Primary weapon was a truck.

Sad.

Problem isn't guns.

Problem isn't any one thing, any one place.
Oldsod
PolitiSeedling

Postby tommygun » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:12 pm

This weekend in the USA: bombing in NY, bombing in NJ, stabbings in MN. Sure, lets get rid of guns because once they're gone people will live in peace since gun ownership is why a certain group of people are wanting to kill infidels.
tommygun
PolitiSeedling

Postby MissPriss » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:28 am

Aw tommy just keep looking for the silver lining...once the s*** storm passes of course.
I've got the moves like Jagger.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Postby MissPriss » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:49 am

So tonight is the last debate and then Americans have a choice to make. As a Canadian I beg you make it wisely. Both candidates are corrupt, have sordid skeletons that keep being pulled out of their closets (isn't that a prerequisite for President?) and are apparently in it for themselves. So who do you choose? For what my 2 cents are worth (which is nothing as we don't have pennies anymore) take a long hard look at Clinton and ask yourself do I want a woman that thinks she can save a country by being nothing more than a controlling mother figure. She talks a tough game but, with the right kind of talk and puppy dog eyes, can be persuaded to forget the real issues. Or Trump. A guy that can't take responsibility for any of his actions but rather puts all his time and effort in redirecting the blame and creating ludicrous scenarios to take the focus off himself. It's scary to think that the next person to represent a power house of a nation on a global scale is nothing more than a child like mindset trapped in an immature man's/woman's body. A man that wants to wall a country in. Maybe not a bad idea. It'll keep the American rapists, druggies and murders trapped within their own borders. A woman that wants to dole out punishment but can't keep the details secret. Canadians aren't much better. We elected a Prime Minister that is a child trapped in a man's body....but damn it's a good looking body :mosh:
Good luck my American friends...you'll certainly need it.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Postby tommygun » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:10 pm

MissPriss wrote:Aw tommy just keep looking for the silver lining...once the s*** storm passes of course.

I agree, once Obama is out of office and Hillary is defeated that storm will finally pass.
tommygun
PolitiSeedling

Postby fauxnews » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:25 pm

tommygun wrote:
MissPriss wrote:Aw tommy just keep looking for the silver lining...once the s*** storm passes of course.

I agree, once Obama is out of office and Hillary is defeated that storm will finally pass.

Hillary is about to win "big league." Despite what your delusions might tell you. Guess we will revisit this post after election day.
fauxnews
PolitiNoob

Postby MissPriss » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:28 am

Well looks like tonight I'll be glued to the TV...3 of my favourite shows are on Tuesdays. The election? Pretty sure there'll be a quick mention on the 6pm news on Wednesday between the weather and sports. Good luck America as you watch your collective lives flash before your eyes. May God help you all.
MissPriss
PolitiNoob

Postby GaryO » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:54 am

fauxnews wrote:
tommygun wrote:

Hillary is about to win "big league." Despite what your delusions might tell you. Guess we will revisit this post after election day.

heh heh
GaryO
PolitiSeedling

Postby GaryO » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:12 am

MissPriss wrote:Well looks like tonight I'll be glued to the TV...3 of my favourite shows are on Tuesdays. The election? Pretty sure there'll be a quick mention on the 6pm news on Wednesday between the weather and sports. Good luck America as you watch your collective lives flash before your eyes. May God help you all.

sweetheart, you best be closin' that back (south) door of yers

GaryO
PolitiSeedling

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics